Wednesday, February 5, 2020

My Daily Reflection Entry

In class we were given a new prompt and essay example today.  This consist of how many people view humorists (such as comedians or entertainers).  So we watch a couple of videos to help with our claims and what the meaning of each video was really about and how society took what was said.  One of the video made we watched today was about racism.  It was about how when people go to nail shops and how the nail technician (Chinese women) was basically scheming the customer by adding on what she thought would look good on the customer hand but in reality she was just adding on the customer tip. So when the customer made an complaint about the one nail that was crooked, the nail technician started talking her in Chinese.  The point of this story is that is was told by a comedian who mocked the Chinese speaking nail technician.  After all the videos we watched I still did not understand how to really write the claims we had to give after watching the videos. The claims I had given I personally think that they were wrong but I did not get them checked so I would not really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment